CPI Refresher Class
The Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) Training Refresher workshop is designed to help improve your understanding of the key program concepts, enhance your skills, and answer any questions you may have about how to apply the information to your workplace realities. The Key Point Refresher Workbook is the tool your instructor has selected top help build your confidence and reinforce the philosophy of providing the best possible Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security.
Who Should Take This Class
After your original full 8-hour CPI workshop your certification was valid for 18 months. However, since this is the first school year we've offered refresher classes, we are opening up the class to ANYONE who has taken a CPI workshop from Southwest Montana School Services. This refresher course extends your certification for an additional 18 months from the date of the class. Please take advantage of this opportunity NOW as this is the final refresher we will offer this school year.
In your initial training, you learned how to:
- Organize your thoughts about responding to agitated, disruptive, and assaultive individuals;
- Focus on alternatives when a person loses control and becomes violent;
- Use techniques to control your own anxieties during interventions and maintain the best possible professional attitude;
- Use nonverbal, paraverbal, verbal, and physical intervention skills;
- Work as a team to resolve disruptive and dangerous situations effectively, safely, and respectfully.
To build on the foundation you already have in place, it is important to view Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training as an ongoing process rather than a one-time event.
Coffee, tea, and snacks will be provided. We look forward to having you attend our refresher course.
Per the instructor's request, registration will be capped at 25 participants.
Click HERE to register.